Invitation to submit events
Last February saw around 200 events across Scotland including exhibitions, story-telling events, film screenings, LGBT nights in pubs and clubs, workplace meetings and training, as well as displaying posters.
It is also an opportunity for LGBT people and their families to tell their stories on what life was like for LGBT people in Scotland before LGBT equality was in the public consciousness and their continued personal and political struggles.
The LGBT History Month team is here to support you in telling Scotland that there is no place for discrimination against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people.
We can do this in the following ways:
* Promote your event on our new website - soon to be launched.
* Provide you with the LGBT History Month logo for display on your materials.
* Provide you with LGBT History Month resources.
* Provide ideas and advice on how to organise your event.
* Provide you with any feedback from participants about your event.
We will be producing a newspaper for distribution across Scotland. It will
include listings of all LGBT History Month events
This coming February is going to be even bigger and better than last year,
but we need your help to make it a success.
To register your event, please donwload a form from here.
If you would like to organise an event in your workplace, city or local community please get in touch and we will provide the support you need to make your idea a reality.
* Get it organised - February is just round the corner. We are here to support you in whatever way we can - if you are unsure as to what you could do for LGBT History Month - get in touch and have a chat. If you already are involved with or have organised an event why not remember LGBT History Month and put the logo on your publicity. This will send out a
strong message that your event welcomes and celebrates a diverse audience.
* Get it listed - LGBT History Month will publicise all events online and to our extensive email lists. We aim to produce a newspaper to publicise History Month and the events taking place across Scotland that are open to the public. The LGBT History Month website will list all events across Scotland, both private internal events and public events. Our new
website will go live soon so remember to check back on www.lgbthistory.org.uk later in November.
* Be part of it - Our hope is to make LGBT History Month 2008 the best yet. Have a read though the toolkit (request by emailing email@example.com) and see how you can be part of the celebration. You do not have to be LGBT to be involved. Unity is our strength and together we can demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive Scottish society.
Show Scotland that you support equality for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people.
LGBT History Month Scotland Evaluation - 2006/07
We want to hear back from everyone who participated in anyway in LGBT History Month in previous years. Whether you organised posters to go up in your office, took part in LGBT Awareness training or organised a big public event please do let us know how it went.
Did you put up posters? Were there any comments about this?
We have produced a quick online survey that will help us serve your needs as LGBT History Month event organisers even better next year.
WHY FILL OUT AN EVALUATION FORM?
* It will help us to provide better support
* It will help us obtain continued funding for LGBT History Month
* It will influence the future vision of LGBT History Month events
* It will help us and you to better engage with a wider range of Scottish society
ORGANISERS please click the following link or cut and paste to your browser to tell us what you did and how it went:
PARTICIPANTS please click the following link or cut and paste to your browser to tell us what you thought of the event you attended:
Thank you for your time and anticipated involvement in LGBT History Month Scotland. Please do get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0141 548 8121 should you have any queries or questions.
Please forward to your networks and email lists around Scotland.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Invitation to submit events