Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Ever Gay Couple in a Boyband Video

More than a decade after the height of the boy band's vogue, Boyzone, who have just recently reformed and released their first new single in nine years, have just released what is thought to be the first ever music video by a boy band featuring a gay couple.

In the video for the song Better, the members of the band are paired up with actors. Stephen Gately, who came out in 1999 and lives in with his civil partner, decided that he wanted to be seen with a male actor.

He told the BBC's Newsbeat: "For me, it's just me being me and I don't think there should be a real big issue about the whole thing anyway. I just think it's just a beautiful video and I think it works superbly for the song. I'm hoping this video will have a good, positive, all-round reaction."

Find out more and view the video on the BBC News website here.

No comments: